Friday, 21 November 2008

New Models

I have been creating more objects as I have found my room seems to be too bare and empty, but I figured this was also because the objects made are for children and so they are tiny compared to the other rooms where they include huge objects! However I feel that once the models of the children have been created and put into the scene with animation, the room will come to life!

New models made include:

-Table




This was basically done using boxes and chamferboxes. To get the triangular shaped part on the table, this was simply a box which were altered by dragging the vertices at the top of the box 'inwards'.

-Books
I have also learnt a new skill, using the 'Multi/Sub-Object' tool found in the Material Editor. This basically allows you to apply more than 1 material or colour to an object. For example, I have used this for the books on the shelf, and has proved very useful. It's a very simple tool to learn, but very handy at the same time!


The books were simply 2 boxes with a 'boolean' tool used; this enabled me to create a look of pages within the book. Then the appropriate images were applied in the Material Editor.

-Plastic Chair
This was made out of one box and then modified by extruding certain polygons to get the legs and the back of the chair etc. The bevel, chamfer, inset and bridge tools were also used when creating the chair. I did find the bridge tool to be quite useful as it allows you to join up polygons together easily (this was used to join the back of the chair together).
The tutorial for this model can be found here:
http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tutorial/Modeling-a-plastic-chair/27080.



-Lego Bricks
Made out of a box, basically used extrude tool to drag out the 'circle' parts with 2 modifiers applied (shell and meshsmooth) to complete the finishing touches.

No comments: