Wednesday, 26 November 2008

First Animation Test

Here I have animated (roughly) the train moving along with lighting being shon out of the front of the train. The movement of the train was done by using path constraints and the line tool (creating a curvy line to where I want it to follow and end up). The light was achieved by adding in a 'target spot' light into where the yellow part is, and then targetted the light to shine on the floor by rotating it till it looked right. I had also added in 2 omni lights in the room to enable the room to have a better atmosphere, and so that the light from the train can be seen. The opacity on the yellow part of the train had also been altered so that it appeared slightly see-through and glass/plastic like.
Once this was done I had grouped everything together (the shapes to make the train) including the target light, so that when the train moved, the light went with it.

Please excuse the dodgyness of the train moving (it looks like it's sliding at one point!) but this was just for testing. When it comes to the final thing, I hope to animate the wheels rotating as well as having the train moving in the right angle, and then knocking the building blocks over with the reactor tool.

No comments: