Tuesday, 14 October 2008

Face - Stages 3 & 4

Stage 3 involved aligning the pictures together making sure they were both in the correct place using 3DS Max, as shown above. Firstly I had to create a plane and add my picture (jpeg) into the material editor, then drag onto the plane. At first I had trouble with importing my image in because only my front view showed up and the side was missing, but I retried it again after several attempts and for some reason it worked correctly.
This stage consisted of a lot of editing of the picture, such as rotating and resizing my picture so that it would fit onto the plane. This wasn't to say that it was difficult however, just time consuming as I had to keep redoing it several times since some parts were wrong. Lastly I had to rotate the second plane (side picture) so that it was 90 degrees and placed in the right position next to the front view.

Stage 4 involved drawing on the grids in 3DS Max using the line tool. This was a tedious process as I had to make sure that the lines all snapped together when being joined, otherwise problems would arise later on (which did in fact happen, twice!). This was due to the points not joining as the corners/points didn't snap together, so when it came to weilding them, some parts were separate and not wielded! However, after several attempts of redoing the whole lines again, I managed to fix this problem and moved onto actually creating the structures of my face by dragging the points on the side view to the appropriate places in order to define my face shape. Again, this is proving quite difficult, especially once it gets to the eyes as the lines start to overlap each other making it very confusing to see what I'm actually doing.

Below shows what it looks like once this part has been completed.



No comments: