Sunday, 19 October 2008

Face - Stage 7

The next part of the face modelling was to make the head shape including the neck. This involved using a sphere shape for the base of the head, and then editing the shape by dragging out the edges and the vertices on the side and front view to the correct positions, so that everything comes out smooth and not all flat. The soft selection tool was used to align and snap the top of the sphere shape to the forehead, so that they all connected.

I found this stage to be quite difficult too as I had to guess the shape of my head since my hair was covering it up in the photo, so the shape of my head is just a rough outline and may not be correct, however I matched it up as close as possible. Also, the main problem for this stage being difficult is because the man teaching us this tutorial doesn't actually tell us how to do it, so it's all guess work! But I think it's going okay for the moment.

The process of me modelling the head so far...

No comments: