Stage 5 of the face modelling was a simple tutorial to follow through. The process was basically adding the other half of the face by using the 'symmetry' modifier, this then mirrored the left side of the face to complete the right side. The other task was to simply make the face appear smoother looking, and there were 3 different ways to do this.
-Using the NURMS subdivison tool
-Using TurboSmooth modifier
-Using MeshSmooth
All three resulted in pretty much the same smoothness and appearance, however I chose to use the TurboSmooth modifier as this created a better finish. The other two choices were useful also, however, I found that both created a stronger line down the middle of my face, whereas the TurboSmooth gave a fainter one.
I feel that my face is going pretty well, there are adjustments to be made to the nose and near the eyes (there are slight bumps which doesn't look good!) but I will do this at later stages.
I have to say, the side of the face actually looks quite like me (even though the perspective view makes me look EXTREMELY like a gorilla! Quite funny though - made me laugh quite a bit...), but from looking at the front, you can see that my face is a bit on the thin side and needs to be a bit 'fatter'!
I have also found that my face is actually quite symmetrical though as the mouth and eyes are nicely in line with the picture! That's interesting to know.
1 comment:
Working well - as you say the sides of your face need pulling out a little to make it wider but this will take just a little tweeking.
Post a Comment