Monday, 22 September 2008

Virtual Environments - First Impressions

For this module, there will be two tasks to complete. The first one will involve me having to model my own face, and this will be done through using 3DS Max. Photoshop will also be used in order to help guide me on modelling different aspects of my face - such as marking out roughly any 'creases' and then turning them into quads. Other modifications to be done on my face before I go into modelling is to add a lens distortion to it so that my face does not appear as though it is looking up from a face on - view.

Going into the second task to be completed; this will be a group based project. In groups we will be focussing on the YMCA (Young Man's Christian Association).
The aim of this group project is to work for a client in the YMCA in producing an animation to help promote the service in such a way where it will appeal and attract young people.
This will also help each individual to improve on different skills that the individuals wish to improve on to further their knowledge, which includes focusess on either 3D modelling, animations or 2D designs.

My views on these two projects are quite split at the moment. I know that the face one will be very challenging but will be an interesting task to do. I will however get very frustrated if I am not able to do this properly and will get extremely fed up with looking at my own face all the time!
The group project I am looking forward to seeing how we all co-operate and decide on what will happen together.

1 comment:

Jo Bowman said...

Hi Lisa
Good to see that you have made a start reflecting on the work ahead.
Jo