Friday, 26 September 2008

Face Work - Topology

I have begun to start work on the face project, and already I am finding this very challenging! I've had a few problems with getting everything to line up properly on the features of my face. For example, if i moved the side picture so that the mouth is in line with the front view picture, then the ears, eyes and nose will all be out of line and won't match up etc! So this took a lot of adjustments to sort out, but I got there in the end.

When it came to drawing the lines on to mark any creases out, I did this using both Illustrator and Flash (I found Flash to be even better than Illustrator halfway through!) as they created smoother lines and gave me more flexibilitiy in moving the lines to the shape I wanted. I personally found these two software to be a lot easier to use than doing it on Photoshop.

I did struggle with this exercise too as I ended up with a lot of triangles and pentagons in the cheek and forehead areas, (shown in the first picture) however this was soon fixed and resulted in a more flowing direction with the quads (last picture).

No comments: