Thursday, 11 December 2008

Evaluation

So, we have now finally finished the project and have put everything together using Premier Pro.

This project has been quite interesting and fun to do, although stressful at the same time! I felt that the overall video turned out quite well, it is clear that it could have been better, but I feel we have done our best. There were some lack of communication within the group, particularly with 1 member who seemed reluctant to take part with ideas and meetings, which meant some parts of the animation didn't flow correctly into the rest of our scenes, but there was not much we could do to solve this problem.

I enjoyed making the toy train move along with the light shining, I felt this was quite enjoyable to watch so should be no problem to entertain children with this advert! I know some parts in my scene such as the chairs and table being FAR too big looked a bit odd as it was far too big compared to the children, I only realised this near the end of finishing the animation so I couldn't do massive changes except shrink them a little, otherwise everything else such as the door and toys would be out of proportion.

If I were to do everything again, I would definately try to improve on my room by adding more animation in and learning new techniques, such as lighting, as well add more objects since it does appear to be quite empty at the moment. I would also correct the mistakes as listed in the final version.
I have never been confident with animating in 3DS Max, however I do feel that I have gained more out of this project seeing as I have learnt how to use the reactor tool (not perfectly, but almost there!), as well as using the Biped (again this could be improved on had I figured out how to fix the envelopes problem).
However, I am quite pleased with the amount of new techniques I've learnt this semester, and hope to continue learning more new skills within 3DS Max.

No comments: